Troubleshooting | Device Unresponsive - Red Series Dimmer Switch
These instructions are broken into 2 different symptoms -- here are the abbreviated solutions:
- Symptom #1: Physical control of the switch = No, Remote control of the switch = Yes
- Tap the Config Button 8x (LED bar should turn Green)
- Symptom #2: Physical control of the switch = No, Remote control of the switch = No
- Pull air-gap out and push it back in (small button at the bottom left)
In this case, you can remotely turn on/off the switch (from your phone or hub) but you can't control it physically at the switch.
In this case, you do not have control of the switch either from your phone or at the actual switch itself.
Note: If your switch continues (or has done this repeatedly) to experience this issue, please let us know . The air-gap method is a temporary solution.
- If this is the case, can you let us know the following information in your ticket:
- What type of bulbs you are using (LED, CFL, etc), the approximate wattage and if possible, name-brand/model #?
- Are you controlling smart bulbs?