This article will walk you through the features of the custom device handler and how to install it for optimal usage and advanced functionality on your Inovelli 4-1 Multi-Sensor (LZW60). We promise it's not hard and should take you 5-10 minutes tops.
- SmartThings IDE Tab Open: https://account.smartthings.com/ (sign in with the same info as you do with the app)
- Device Handler Code Tab Open: LZW60 Raw Code
About the Device Handler
Let's get this party started. The first step is to understand what functionality you'll gain by installing the device handler. Please see the parameter sheet
to understand everything that is included with installation.
Installing the Device Handler
We recommend installing the device handler prior to installing your sensor, but it really doesn't matter. There will just be a few additional steps you'll need to take if you install the handler after you install and pair your sensor.
Installing the Code
- Open up IDE and go to "My Device Handlers"
- Then click on, "Create New Device Handler"
- Next click on, "From Code"
- Now switch tabs and go to the LZW60 Raw Code link in GitHub
- Select all code and copy it
- Go back to the IDE tab (where you're at the, "For Code" tab) and paste the code into the white box
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click, "Create"
- Then on the next page, click, "Save"
- Finally, click on, "Publish" and "For Me" and you're all set
NOTE: If you haven't paired your sensor yet, feel free to install/pair it and the sensor should automatically detect the device handler (the switch will show up as: Inovelli 4-1 Sensor). If you already paired your switch and/or it showed up as a, "Z-Wave Plus Motion/Temp Sensor", you'll have to associate the new handler to the sensor. To do this, follow the directions below.
Applying the Code (Optional)
You'll only need to do this step if you already paired your sensor or the sensor is showing up as a, "Z-Wave Plus Motion/Temp Sensor" (or anything other than, "Inovelli 4-1 Sensor"). To do this do the following:
- In IDE, click on, "My Devices"
- Locate your Inovelli Red Series Dimmer Switch and click on it
- Scroll to the bottom and click, "Edit"
- Scroll down about halfway where it says, "Type" and click on it (a dropdown will appear)
- In the dropdown, scroll down until you find, "Inovelli 4-1 Sensor" and select it
- Click, "Update" and you should be all set