The NZW31-T Inovelli Dimmer Toggle Switch is a Z-Wave enabled smart switch that works with many different hubs and gateways and allows remote control from anywhere in the world. It touts many parameter configurations and allows for Z-Wave Scene Control directly from the switch.
Model #: NZW31-T
Years Produced: December 2017 - December 2018
Features, Specs, and Certifications
- Technology: Z-Wave Plus
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 Series
- 3-Way Compatibility: Works only with a dumb (existing) on/off switch (no dimming)
- 4-Way Compatibility: Works only with a dumb (existing) on/off switch (no dimming) and Line/Load must be in the same box
- Z-Wave Scene Enabled: Add up to 10 Z-Wave Scenes (ie: multi-tap to trigger a scene/routine directly from the switch)
- Accessories Included: Neutral Wire Jumper
- Neutral Wire Required: Yes
- Max Wattage: See below -- maximum will vary based on bulb type and whether the heat sink tabs are removed or not
- Heat Sink Tabs Not Removed: 500W Incandescent, 150W LED
- One (1) Side Heat Sink Tabs Removed: 400W Incandescent, 150W LED
- Two (2) Sides Heat Sink Tabs Removed: 300W Incandescent, 150W LED
- Power: 120V AC, 60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 32-104 °F (0-40 °C)
- Signal Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Range: Up to 100 meters line of sight between the Wireless Controller (Hub) and the closest Z-Wave Module
- Indoor/Outdoor Use: Indoor use only.
Dimensions: See below (note picture is of the paddle version, but the dimensions are the same)
- UL Certified: E464831
- FCC Certified: OXGZW31
- Z-Wave Plus Certified
Depending on the version, this switch supports many advanced settings as shown below. Please reach out for the latest firmware file if you'd like to upgrade your firmware (NOTE: this requires a special tool that needs to be purchased separately unless your Hub supports Over-the-Air upgrades).
- State After Power Restored: Switch will remember the last on/off and dim level prior to losing power
- Ramp Rate: How fast or slow the light turns dim when you adjust the switch remotely
- Minimum Dim Level: Minimum level the light switch will dim to
- Invert Switch: Inverts the switch (Tap Down = On, Tap Up = Off)
- Auto-Off Timer: Automatically turns the switch off after x seconds
- Disable/Invert LED: LED can be disabled or inverted
Please see the, "Tap Sequence & Parameter Document" at the bottom of the page for more information.
Compatible Hubs / Gateway's
Please note, these are subject to change -- please let us know if there is a hub that you don't see on the list that needs to be added, or one that's on the list that needs to be removed.
- 2GIG (no advanced settings)
- ADT Pulse (no advanced settings)
- Alarm.com (no advanced settings)
- Almond (Securify) (no advanced settings)
- Fibaro Home Center 2
- Fibaro Home Center Lite
- Home Assistant
- Open Z-Wave
- Piper (no advanced settings)
- Ring (no advanced settings)
- SmartThings Hub
- Staples Connect DLink (no advanced settings)
- Wink and Wink 2 (no advanced settings)
- Zipato ZipaTile
These switches should also be recognized by any open systems that support on/off (binary switch) device types. If your hub is not listed above, please get in touch with us before buying the switch to avoid the hassle of returns.
How about Alexa or Google Home?
Smart speakers are NOT Z-Wave hubs so they won't work directly with any Z-Wave devices. But you can use a compatible Z-Wave hub with smart speaker integration to control your dimmer with voice control. These include the Fibaro hubs, Hubitat, SmartThings, Vera, and Wink.