- Inovelli Red Series Lightstrip & Controller Kit: LZW45 Controller must be installed, powered on and paired to your SmartThings Hub
- Device Handler Installed & Applied: LZW45 Device Handler Instructions
- SmartThings (New) App: In this article, we will use the new app since SmartThings has discontinued their Classic App
There are a few housekeeping points to go through prior to setting up your first notification. Hang in there, we'll have you up and impressing yourself in no time!
Installing Your Controller
Installing the Device Handler
Alright, let's create our first notification. In this example, we'll create a notification that alerts us when the front door is unlocked between sunset and sunrise. This is helpful if you have a lightstrip in the bedroom and can see the notification from bed.
There are four (4) different components to every single notification:
- LED Effect Color: This is the color you want your notification to be
- LED Effect Level: This is the dim level you want your notification to be
- LED Effect Duration: This is how long you want your notification to last
- LED Effect Type: This is the animation you want your notification to be
NOTE: You can clear your notification manually from the controller by tapping 2x on the configuration button.
Selecting Your Notification
Once you've determined what you'd like your notification to look like, it's time to select it from within the app.
- Open up your SmartThings App
- Select your Inovelli Controller
- Click the three dots at the top right and select, "Settings"
- Scroll down to the, "LED Notifications" section
- Select your, "Effect Color"
- Select your, "Effect Level"
- Select your, "Effect Duration"
- Select your, "Effect Type"
- Go back to the home screen (where it lists out your rooms)
Setting up the Notification
Again, in this example, we'll be setting up a notification that alerts you when the front door is unlocked between sunset and sunrise. The notification will be a purple chase notification at 100% intensity that lasts indefinitely (until you clear it). Once you've selected the effect color, level, duration and type and you're back to the home screen, please do the following:
- Click on the three lines at the top left of the screen (to access the menu)
- Click on, "SmartApps"
- Click on the, (+) sign at the top right to add a SmartApp
- Scroll down and select, "Smart Lighting" and select it
- Click on, "New Lighting Automation"
- Click on, "Which devices do you want to control", select, "whatever you named your Inovelli Controller (Notification 1)" and click, "Done"
- NOTE: Look for whatever you named your Dimmer Controller and then it should say, "(Notification 1)" next to it
- Leave, "What do you want to do?" as, "Turn On"
- Click on, "Select Trigger", select, "Lock" and press, "Done"
- Click on, "Which door locks?", select your lock and press, "Done"
- Click on, "Turn on when", select, "Unlocked" and press, "Done"
- Then press, "More options"
- Click on, "Only during certain times"
- Click on, "Starting at", select, "Sunset" and press, "Done"
- Click on, "Ending at", select, "Sunrise" and press, "Done"
- Press, "Next", followed by, "Next" again, and then, "Done"
That should be it!