NOTE: As of January 2020, you will no longer need to install the device handler for this product to work as it's WWST (Works With SmartThings) Certified. However, if you'd like some additional functionality, please feel free to install the device handler below.
- SmartThings IDE Tab Open: https://account.smartthings.com/ (sign in with the same info as you do with the app)
- Device Handler Code Tab Open: LZW41 Raw Code
Installing the Device Handler
We recommend installing the device handler prior to installing your bulb, but it really doesn't matter. There will just be a few additional steps you'll need to take if you install the handler after you install and pair your bulb.
Installing the Code
- Open up IDE and go to "My Device Handlers"
- Then click on, "Create New Device Handler"
- Next click on, "From Code"
- Now switch tabs and go to the LZW41 Raw Code link in GitHub
- Select all code and copy it
- Go back to the IDE tab (where you're at the, "For Code" tab) and paste the code into the white box
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click, "Create"
- Then on the next page, click, "Save"
- Finally, click on, "Publish" and "For Me" and you're all set
NOTE: If you haven't paired your bulb yet, feel free to install/pair it and the bulb should automatically detect the device handler (the bulb will show up as: Inovelli Bulb Multi-White). If you already paired your bulb and/or it showed up as a, "Z-Wave Bulb" (or something like that), you'll have to associate the new handler to the bulb. To do this, follow the directions below.
Applying the Code (Optional)
You'll only need to do this step if you already paired your bulb or the bulb is showing up as a, "Z-Wave Bulb" (or anything other than, "Inovelli Bulb Multi-White"). To do this do the following:
- In IDE, click on, "My Devices"
- Locate your Ilumin (Powered by Inovelli) Bulb and click on it
- Scroll to the bottom and click, "Edit"
- Scroll down about halfway where it says, "Type" and click on it (a dropdown will appear)
- In the dropdown, scroll down until you find, "Inovelli Bulb Multi-White" and select it
- Click, "Update" and you should be all set
Checking For Success
If successful, you should see the new settings in your app. Confirm this by doing the following:
- Open up your SmartThings app
- Locate your Ilumin Bulb and click on it
- Click on the three dots at the top right and select, "Settings"
- You should see a few more options available to you now