Installation & Setup | LZW36 | Fan + Light Red Series (Gen 2) | Vera
Vera doesn't seem to be setting the correct multi-channel associations during inclusion. We are currently looking into this, but this guide will show you have to enable polling for the device to make sure that the individual devices created for the fan and light will have their status up to date.
Including Into Your Network
- Click on "Devices" and then "+ Add Device" to start the process of adding your device to the network.
- Scroll down and choose "Generic Z-Wave device".
- Click through the prompts until you get to the screen that says "Follow the inclusion process as described in the users manual".
- At this point you can press and hold the light level up or down button (A) and press the light on/off button (B) 3 times. Vera should eventually show a spinning wheel and proceed onto the next step.
- Choose a name for your device and a room if you desire. Click next to proceed.
- Finally, the device will show up as 3 separate devices in your device list. The devices that start with a "_" are the separate channels you can control. One represents the fan and the other represents the light. The main device (without a "_") is the root device and it controls both channels at the same time.
Configure the Device For Polling
As mentioned above, Vera does not seem to be setting the correct Multi-Channel associations to get status updates when you control the individual channels from the physical switch. We are looking into this, but in the meantime, you can enable polling on the device as shown below.
- Click on the arrow icon next to the main device in your device list (not on one of the channel devices that start with a "_").
- Next, click on "Settings".
- Under the "Variables" heading, there is an option to "Poll this node". Set this to a reasonable number such as 15 and hit "Save Changes".
If for some reason the switch is not including, first make sure you are within range. Next, try an exclusion of the device before trying an inclusion. For an exclusion, the steps are the same as above except that during inclusion, Vera will suggest to try an exclusion if it detects a problem (after you hit "Retry" when the inclusion timer times out). After the removal process begins, press and hold the light level up or down button (A) and press the light on/off button (B) 3 times. After the exclusion is complete, you can proceed with the inclusion as stated in these instructions.