Installation & Setup | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2) | Home Assistant (Python Virtual Environment)
Note: There are countless ways that you can setup Home Assistant so these steps may vary slightly. Hopefully the steps outlined below will provide the information needed for you to get things up and running!
Adding Config File
- Shutdown Homeassistant. (This is important or else the config files will be overwritten)
- Download the Inovelli config file from our github repository: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/OpenZWave/master/config/inovelli/lzw31-sn.xml
- Place it in your open-zwave config directory. This may vary based on how you setup Home Assistant, but mine was located: /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/inovelli (for docker this location is /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/Inovelli)
- Go up one directory and add the following to your manufacturer_specific.xml file. /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/manufacturer_specific.xml (for docker this location is /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config/manufacturer_specific.xml (under the <Manufacturer id="031E" name="Inovelli"> section)
<Product type="0001" id="0001" name="LZW31-SN Dimmer Red Series" config="inovelli/lzw31-sn.xml"/>
- Save the file and Start Homeassistant.
Now that the config files are in place, we can initiate the inclusion in Home Assistant.
- First, navigate to your Home Assistant home page and click on "Configuration".
- Next, scroll down to the bottom and click on "Z-Wave". This will bring you to the Z-wave management screen.
- From here you need to click on either "ADD NODE SECURE" or "ADD NODE". In some networks adding the device secure may impact network performance. If you are having issues, you may want to try to just "ADD NODE".
- At this point you can press the config button on the switch 3 times. Wait for a minute or so and the device should show up in your node list.
- From here you can edit the configuration options or go back to the "Overview" page to view the device in action.
If for some reason the switch is not including, first make sure you are within range. Next, try an exclusion of the device before trying an inclusion. For an exclusion, the steps are the same as above except that on the Z-wave management page, you click on "Remove Node" instead of adding it. After clicking on "Remove Node" press the config button on the switch 3 times. After the exclusion is complete, you can proceed with the inclusion as stated in these instructions.