How To: Turn A Light On/Off With An Inovelli Motion Sensor | Homeseer
In this article we will demonstrate how to turn on and off a light switch with an Inovelli Motion sensor in Homeseer
In this tutorial Homeseer v4 was used, but the process in Homeseer v3 is basically the same. The main difference is the look of the interface, but navigation, terminology, and the process is almost identical.
Turn the light on
- From the Homeseer web interface click on the "Events" link.
- Click the "+" button, then click on the "New Event" link, and then the "Edit" icon..
- Set the options under the "If" heading as below:
Trigger: "A Device's Value is . . ."
Trigger Type: "This Device Changes and Becomes . . . "
Device: "Node 8-Z-Wave-Inovelli 4-in-1 Sensor"
Feature: "Home Security"
Changes and becomes:
Trigger Value: "Motion Detected"
- Under the "Then" heading select the following options:
Action: "Control a Device"
Inovelli Device - Light
Inovelli Device - Dim 98%
- Click on the "Save" (disk) icons to save all of the configuration of your automation.
Setting up the automation is complete and you can now test it out!
Turn the light off
The process is the same as above, but we will be slightly modifying the "trigger" and the "action".
- Create a new Event (shown above) by clicking on the "+" icon and give it the appropriate name. We have chosen "Turn light off when no motion".
- In this automation lets set the "Trigger Value" to "No Event".
- Lastly we are going to choose the lighting device and set the action to turn it off.
The article has demonstrated how to turn a light on and off based on the detection of motion
in Homeseer. The flexibility of Homeseer is vast so there are many things you can do with this information. If there is something unique you are doing with your automations let us know in the Inovelli Community at https://community.inovelli.com/