Below you will find the information necessary to create automations based on the different button presses of your Inovelli device! This would include double pressing the off button to turn off all the lights in an area of your house. Or single press the config button to set the lights to your favorite color. The possibilities are endless!
|Button Press||Scene ID||Scene Data|
|1 x Light On/Off||2||7680|
|1 x Fan On/Off||1||7680|
|2 x Light On/Off||2||7860|
|2 x Fan On/Off||1||7860|
|3 x Light On/Off||2||7920|
|3 x Fan On/Off||1||7920|
|4 x Light On/Off||2||7980|
|4 x Fan On/Off||1||7980|
|5 x Light On/Off||2||8040|
|5 x Fan On/Off||1||8040|
|Light On/Off Hold||2||7800|
|Light On/Off Release||2||7740|
|Fan On/Off Hold||1||7800|
|Fan On/Off Release||1||7740|
1 x Light Up
1 x Light Down
1 x Fan Up
1 x Fan Down
Step by Step
Below you will find a guide on how to setup a simple automation in Home Assistant that is activated when one of the button presses above is performed. In this automation we will activate an effect on the LED bar of the switch to make it flash yellow.
1. Click on "Configuration" from the Home Assistant web GUI main page.
2. Next click on the "Automations" link to create an automation.
3. Now you can click on the + icon to create a new automation.
4. Name your automation whatever you would like and proceed to fill in the "Triggers" and "Action" sections.
5. In the Triggers section use the information in the above tables to specify what button event you want to trigger this automation. Below I have specified the zwave entity_id for the lzw36 an + light switch that has a node ID of 23. The scene data "7860" and the scene_id "2" should tell you that I am creating an automation for when the up button is double pressed. The entity_id, node_id, & other data will be specific to your system and what you are trying to do.
6. Next, in the Actions section, I have chosen to call the service "zwave.set_config_parameter". This action will turn on the notification of the first LED bar. You can of course choose whatever you would like here, but I have chosen something simple to demonstrate. If you are wanting to do something like "control Philips Hue Lights" then you would have something different for the Actions section of this automation.
7. Finally you can click on the yellow save circle in the lower right hand corner (Looks like a 3.5" floppy disk for some reason) to save the automation.
Now, test the automation to see how it performs!