How To: Set the Default Dim Level During Certain Times | SmartThings
In this article, we'll talk about how to set our Gen 2 Red or Black Series Dimmer Switch to turn onto a default level during certain hours of the day. For example, if you don't want to blind yourself during your 2am bathroom run, you can have your lights turn onto 10% between the hours of 10pm and 7am. Here's how to do it using SmartThings (new app).
This feature is only available on our Gen 2 Dimmer switches (Black Series & Red Series). Before you begin, you must install the Switch Device Handler as well as the Child Device Handlers.
- Black Series Dimmer Device Handler or
- Red Series Dimmer Device Handler
- Switch Child Device
- Switch Level Child Device
Setting Up the Default Level in SmartThings
In this example, we'll setup the local default level to be 10% between the hours of 10pm and 7am. In other words, if you manually press the switch between the hours of 10pm-7am, it will turn onto 10%. Let's pretend you named your switch, "Master Bathroom".
- Open up the SmartThings App (new app)
- Click on your Inovelli Dimmer Switch (Black Series or Red Series)
- Click the three dots at the top right and select, "Settings"
- Then scroll all the way to the bottom and turn the toggle on where it says, "Default Level (Local)"
- Then click, "< Settings" to go back and then click, "<" to go back to the main menu
- Next, click the three lines at the top left and select, "SmartApps"
- Press the (+) button and select, "Smart Lighting"
- Scroll down and select, "New Lighting Automation"
- Select, "Which devices do you want to control?" and select, "Master Bedroom (Default Local Level)" and press, "Done"
- Select, "What do you want to do?" and press, "Turn On & Set Level"
- Click, "Dimmer Level", select "10%" and click, "Done"
- Under, "Select Trigger", select, "Switch"
- Click on, "Which switch?" and select, "Master Bedroom"
- Where it says, "Turn on & set level when" -- leave it to, "Turned On"
- Toggle off where it says, "Turn off as well"
- Click, "More options" and select, "Only during certain times"
- Leave, "Starting at" to, "A specific time"
- Click on, "Start time" and select, "10pm" (in the app it will be 22:00)
- Leave, "Ending at" to, "A specific time"
- Click on, End time" and select, "7am" and click, "Next"
- Click, "Next", "Done" and then, "Done" again
Test out your switch by tapping up on the switch. It should go to 10%. If you want to override it, hold down on the switch and it should go to 100%.
How To: Set Your Config Button as Your Favorites Button | SmartThings
Overview Many times you just want a quick way to reach a certain dim level or you'd like to activate your favorite scene (ie: turn off all lights between the hours of 10pm and 6am). In this tutorial, we'll show you how to turn your configuration ...
Setting Up Notifications | LZW45 | Lightstrip & Controller Kit | SmartThings
This article will walk you through how to setup custom notifications using your Inovelli Red Series Lightstrip & Controller Kit and the LZW45 Device Handler. Notifications are useful if you want to have a heads up visual of an action. For example, ...
Spec Sheet | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2) | LZW31-SN
The LZW31-SN Inovelli Dimmer Switch (Red Series) is a Z-Wave enabled smart switch that works with many different hubs and gateways and allows remote control from anywhere in the world. It touts a ton of features including energy monitoring, RGB ...
Spec Sheet | Dimmer - Black Series (Gen 2) | LZW31
The LZW31 Inovelli Dimmer Switch (Black Series) is a Z-Wave enabled smart switch that works with many different hubs and gateways and allows remote control from anywhere in the world. Overview Make: Inovelli Model #: LZW31 (Black Series) Project Code ...
Troubleshooting: Dimmer Switch Turns Off Right After Being Turned On
Summary (TLDR) While the absolute cause is unknown as to this happens on certain bulbs, the way to fix it is to set a maximum brightness level from within your app (or the switch itself). Try setting Parameter 6 to around 80-85%. For Hub specific ...