How To: Set an Auto-Timer on Your Switch (Turn Off Bulbs) | SmartThings
This article will show you how to set an auto-timer on your Inovelli switches to turn off the lights after a certain amount of time. Switches include:
- Red Series On/Off Switch (LZW30-SN)
- Red Series Dimmer Switch (LZW31-SN)
- Red Series Fan/Light Switch (LZW36)
- Black Series On/Off Switch (LZW30)
- Black Series Dimmer Switch (LZW31)
Before getting started, please install the proper Device Handler
for the switch in question. Once installed, the auto-timer can be selected via the switch menu. In this example, we will set an auto-timer for 1 hour after the switch is turned on.
- Open up the SmartThings App and select your device
- Click on the three dots at the top right and select, "Settings"
- Scroll down to where it says, "Auto Off Timer" (there will also be a description after it)
- Enter in 3600 (1 hr) as the values are in seconds (60 seconds = 1 minute x 60 minutes = 3600 seconds)
- Click, < to go back and your settings will be saved
Test out your auto-timer and if you run into any issues, feel free to reach out!