How To: Create a Scene with RGBW Bulbs | SmartThings
Our Red Series Switches come with the ability to create scenes directly from the switch. What this means is that you can tap on the switch and trigger a lighting scene such as turning on your smart bulbs to purple for movie night or tapping the switch 2x to have all your smart bulbs turn off.
These are the switches that currently support scene control:
Red Series On/Off (LZW30-SN), Red Series Dimmer (LZW31-SN), Red Series Fan/Light (LZW36)
Before we get started, it's important to have everything setup on the back-end as well as a basic understanding of how SmartThings interprets scenes. Here's what you'll need:
- The proper Device Handler Installed: LZW30-SN (On/Off) Instructions, LZW31-SN (Dimmer) Instructions, LZW36 (Fan/Light) Instructions
- Understanding of Button Mapping (keep this open in a separate tab for easy reference)
In this example, we'll show you how to setup a scene where you double-tap up on your light switch (or double-tap on the, "Light" portion of your Fan/Light switch) and it will turn on your RGBW Bulbs
to purple at 30% for movie night. Let's begin:
- Open up your SmartThings App to the main page
- Click on the three lines to the left of the screen to open up the menu
- Click on, "SmartApps"
- Press the plus, (+) sign to add a SmartApp
- Select, "Smart Lighting"
- Select, "New Lighting Automation"
- Click on, "Which devices do you want to control" and select the RGBW light(s) that you want to turn on
- Click on, "What do you want to do?" and select, "Turn On & Set Color" (the ST App says, "Turn On & Set Colour")
- Click on, "Color" (or Colour) and select, "Purple" and then, "Done"
- Click on, "Dimmer Level" and select 30%
- Next click, "Select Trigger", select, "Button" and click, "Done"
- Click on, "Which button?", select your Inovelli Red Series Switch and click, "Done"
In this example, since we want a double-tap up on your light switch (or double-tap on the, "Light" portion of your Fan/Light Switch), go to the Button Mapping Chart
for your product and you'll see that a double-tap up (or double-tap on the, "Light" portion of the Fan/Light) is, "Button 2 Pushed"
- Click on, "Button Number", select, "Two" and click, "Done"
- Next click, "Button Action", select, "Pushed" and click, "Done"
- Turn, "Toggle on & off" to off
- Click, "Next" again
- If you want to rename the automation so you can easily remember it, feel free to do so -- if not, then click, "Done"
That's it! Feel free to test your scene.
Setting Up Scenes | LZW31-SN | Dimmer - Red Series (Gen 2) | SmartThings
This article will walk you through how to setup custom scenes using your Inovelli Red Series Dimmer Switch and the LZW31-SN Device Handler. Z-Wave Scenes are useful if you want to control multiple smart devices or trigger routines. For example, you ...
Setting Up Scenes | LZW30-SN | On/Off - Red Series (Gen 2) | SmartThings
This article will walk you through how to setup custom scenes using your Inovelli Red Series On/Off Switch and the LZW30-SN Device Handler. Z-Wave Scenes are useful if you want to control multiple smart devices or trigger routines. For example, you ...
How To: Create a Scene From Your Smart Switch | SmartThings
Summary (TLDR) In this article, we'll show you how to create a scene from your smart switch. What this means is that you can double-tap, triple-tap, etc to create various scenes using other smart home products. An example would be: between the hours ...
How To: Control a Smart Bulb From a Smart Switch | SmartThings
Overview There are a couple reasons why you'd want to control a smart bulb from a smart switch (seems like overkill, we know... but hear us out). Maintain User Experience for Non-Techies: Most people are used to using a light switch to turn on ...
How To: Create the Ultimate Bedtime Scene | SmartThings
Overview In this article, we'll show you how a single button on a switch can prepare your entire house for bedtime. We'll show you how you can have your house lock all doors, turn off all lights, make sure your garage door is closed, and your ...